Tuesday 12 July 2011

Ethnic uniform variants

I'm currently modifying some German infantry to create Sikh Tiger Legion infantry. This will mainly involve simple head swaps, as most of the uniform remains standard German issue.

However, I'm getting distracted after watching the "Days of Glory" film, with French Algerians wearing ethnic variant uniforms. 

The film is worth a watch and for me it seems to be re-reinforcing lessons learned from recent gaming campaigns where I was trying to enter towns and take buildings. The clip below certainly reminds me:
  • sub machine guns at close range are very effective
  • hidden in a building, you can draw the enemy in close enough for sub machine guns
  • Make sure you take out German MG42 and Panzershreck at the start
  • Don't do a group move down the main street!

No comments:

Post a Comment