Monday, 2 May 2011

Falshies....I made a start today

I managed to prepare, base and undercoat 50 Falshies today. 
The cleaning took ages and I've ended up with a large amount of scrap white metal that I'll probably melt down for pouring some time. I'm more used to doing slotta-base models so I realised a bit late that I needed to do something about the height difference between the base of the cast model and that of the base (penny coin) I was mounting the model on. I considered various options and then went for textured exterior house paint with sand and stone chips mixed in (2 different mixes). This seems to have worked OK.

I've primed them with Halfords black spray. Hopefully I'll get to start on painting them later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment